April 11-17 is National Library Week! In celebration, the GHL will be posting information and images that celebrate the history of our state’s libraries and the value they provide to their communities. Here are five ways you can join in the festivities:
- Visit your local library.
- Donate your favorite book to your local library.
- Join the Government and Heritage Library’s Twitter and Facebook groups.
- Join the Facebook group, “I’ll Bet I Can Find 1,000,000 People Who Think Libraries Are Important.”
- Check out the digital collection, “Transforming the Tar Heel State: The Legacy of Public Libraries in North Carolina,” which provides online access to historical photographs, postcards, reports, dedications, and other unique materials related to the libraries of North Carolina.
Check back every day this week to learn more about how libraries play a role in your community.