Do you receive lots of requests from patrons for help with financial matters? The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau wants to help make libraries the go-to source for unbiased financial education and resources in every community. This all-day meeting will provide detailed information on the free resources available in your community to use when fielding financial questions from patrons.
We are offering the workshop in two different locations:
4/4 Charlotte – Beatties Ford Branch Library (2412 Beatties Ford Rd, Charlotte, NC 28216) 9AM – 4PM
4/6 Wilmington – New Hanover Public Library Main Branch (201 Chestnut St, Wilmington, NC 28401) 9AM – 4PM
At this meeting:
- You will learn about organizations in your community that provide free unbiased financial literacy resources to help empower patrons to make appropriate financial choices for themselves.
- The meet will cover a wide array of financial topics including:
- Paying for college
- Prevention of financial fraud
- Planning for retirement
- Basics of credit such as mortgages and credit rating and scores
- Resources for seniors including financial caregiving and reverse mortgages
- Attendees will also learn about financial planning resources available to NC State employees