In the early part of the 20th century Dr. J. E. Brooks envisioned a sanatorium for the treatment of tuberculosis in North Carolina. In 1907 the NC General Assembly approved $15,000 toward building the North Carolina Sanatorium. By 1910 the North Carolina Sanatorium was open. This booklet contains many photographs from the Sanatorium, including the sleeping porches where patients could sleep in the open air year round and the herd of Jersey cows that supplied the Sanatorium with fresh milk each day
This publication can be downloaded, printed, saved, and viewed by clicking here.