Government and Heritage Library
- A.B. Pruitt
- Afro-American Historical and Genealogical Society, North Carolina Triangle Chapter
- Charlotte Hawkins Brown Museum
- Cumberland County Public Library and Information Center Local and State History Room
- Dallas Herring Carolina Heritage Research Center at Pender County Library
- Durham-Orange Genealogical Society
- Friends of the Archives
- Gaston County Public Library
- Genealogy Research of North Carolina
- Government and Heritage Library
- Interwoven Heritage Services
- John S. McGeachy, editor of Cape Fear Sketches and of New Hanover P&QS minutes
- Joel Lane Museum
- Dr. Laura C. Edwards, researcher and author
- North Carolina Genealogical Society
- N.C. County Records by Dunaway
- Olivia Raney Local History Library
- State Archives of North Carolina
- Triangle Jewish Genealogical Society
- Tyrell County Genealogical and Historical Society
- Wake County Genealogical Society
- Yates Mill Chapter, National Society of the Daughters of the American Revolution
Posted on behalf of Elizabeth Hayden, Demographics and Reference Librarian.
As the days of summer dwindle, schools have geared up to welcome back students. The familiar sight of the big yellow school bus is greeting commuters on North Carolina roads once again. With the new school year, let’s take time to consider some numbers about North Carolina schools and students. See how much the state has changed!
This week (August 17-23) we’ll highlight the people, history, geography, and natural heritage of this county located in the Coastal Plain of North Carolina.
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter and join in the conversation by using the hashtag #nccotw. Also, visit our pinterest board about Carteret County!